Re: Port Binding

+++ Aaron Knister [15/09/13 14:02 -0400]:
Hi Everyone,

I'm running an OpenShift Origin cluster and am trying to understand why within a gear there are seemingly no restrictions on the IPs/ports to which I can bind. I can even "steal" another gears assigned IP/port and listen on them (assuming the other gear's processes happen to be shut down). I noticed that on the hosted openshift this is not the case. The bind system call fails when binding to anything other than the IPs/ports allocated to my gear. Any insight into the secret sauce red hat is using to do this?

Thanks!

-aaron

Hi Aaron,

It's always our intention to publish useful tools with the rest of the
source but it looks like we missed these.  While not integrated with
Origin yet by default, we went ahead and published what we use:'

https://github.com/openshift/openshift-extras/tree/master/security

--Brenton

Sent from my iPad