Installing Openshift Origin on a RHEL 6.5 Server

Greetings,

I am trying to install Openshift Origin on a RHEL 6.5 Server (using the following: sh <(curl -s https://install.openshift.com/) ), but got stuck at the last part.

oo-install is producing the following errors:

"ERROR: Unable to read system ID"

Apparently my system is not registered at "Red Hat Network".

Looking for a solution, google sent me to the following site:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/8036

Where I could find instructions on how to register my RHEL to the "Red Hat Network", which allegedly would solve the problem.

Do I really need to register at RHN in order to install Openshift Origin on a RHEL single-machine?
If yes, is there an alternative to it? For instance, would changing it to CentOS help in any way?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Klaus