Re: Installing Openshift Origin on a RHEL 6.5 Server

On 12/02/2014 05:59 PM, Klaus Raizer wrote:
> It seem my system does not come with subscription-manager.

You an try to register the machine using the gui (or ncursers) commnand
`rhn_register`

Or with `rhnreg_ks`, I think you should have an activation key: (N.B. I
never used with the rhn server, however I think it works)

Try first without --server params (See the file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date):

$ rhnreg_ks --sslCACert /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--username=<username> --password=<passwd> --activationkey=<activationkey>

or with the --server param (userful ):

$ rhnreg_ks --serverUrl http://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC
 --sslCACert /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--username=<username> --password=<passwd> --activationkey=<activationkey>

$ rhn_check
$ yum repolist all

Anyway check this red hat article:

https://access.redhat.com/articles/2394

> Meanwhile, I've found this tutorial on how to install Openshift on CentoOS:

I think the simplest solution is the installation script.

> Do you believe it would be worthwhile insisting on RHEL for a little
> longer, or should I ask my IT department to change the os the CentOS?

Depends what you need and your company policy, RHEL without a
subscription is useless, try to register using the proposed solution
above, must work. :-)
CentOS or Fedora I think they are a great alternative for OpenShift.

SyS,
./mp