Re: Custom plugin for DNS question

That doesn't sound like an error that came out of OpenShift. Seems like a reasonable theory that it's an exception that came out of Fog::DNS and was caught by OpenShift. What's in the rails log? That would be /var/log/openshift/broker/{production or development}.log depending on which mode you're running in. Should be some kind of stack trace.

You can exercise the DNS plugin from the rails console. http://cloud-mechanic.blogspot.com/2012/12/verifying-dns-plugin-using-rails-console.html has decent instructions (except you have to do "scl enable ruby193 bash" first to get an SCL-ized shell - this was from the pre-ruby-1.9 broker days). That should help debug.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Crumpton (kcrumpto)" <kcrumpto cisco com>
To: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:07:21 PM
Subject: Custom plugin for DNS question

Hi all

Working on a plugin for DNS. I am running into an error when I try to create an application with it added:

[root broker kcrumpto]# rhc app-create test cisco-dsx-0.1
Application Options
-------------------
Domain: dsx
Cartridges: cisco-dsx-0.1
Gear Size: default
Scaling: no

Creating application 'test' ...
Unable to complete the requested operation due to: Wait on job e0729da9-517d-4d91-9729-fb157537d693 took too long.
Reference ID: 845e15cdc80272f83f2e35991ace2e0b

The plugin is designed with the intent of propagating appropriate CNAME entry to Rackspace's DNS records when an application is created.
The problem now is that when I try to create an application I receive the above error. My code for this plugin can be found here: https://github.com/kcrumpto/origin-server/blob/master/plugins/dns/rackspace/lib/openshift/rackspace_plugin.rb

Any insight appreciated..

Thank you and BR

Kyle