RE: oo-install for Origin version 3

Howdy Shabna --

I have been heads down at work, but wanted to validate having to restart httpd after the build/reboot.  In fact, I'm putting together a checklist of stuff that I do (and will share it when I'm done). The intent will be to be able to use the installer, reboot, and then pretty much copy/paste to get the rest of it working. Sounds like you sorted much of it already.

Here's a shortlist of what I do to get any number of nodes working after a build and reboot.

Node stuff:
-------------------
service cgred restart; chkconfig cgred on
service cgconfig restart; chkconfig cgconfig on
echo "kernel.sem = 250  32000 32  4096">> /etc/sysctl.conf; sysctl -p
service mcollective restart
oo-accept-node

Broker stuff:
------------------
host=$(hostname -f)
chkconfig httpd on
sed -i '/VirtualHost/,/VirtualHost/ d' /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
sed -i 's/localhost/${host}/' /etc/httpd/conf.d/000002_openshift_origin_broker_servername.conf
yum -y install mlocate
service openshift-broker restart
oo-diagnostics -vv

If you don't wanna use NetworkManager:
grep -l NM_CONTROLLED /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* | xargs perl -p -i -e '/NM_CONTROLLED/ && s/yes/no/i'

Thanks,

Michael J. McConachie