Re: oo-install for Origin version 3

Hey there--

On Jan 16, 2014, at 11:13 , The Dude <michael mcconachie hotmail com> wrote:

> Howdy Shabna --
>
> I have been heads down at work, but wanted to validate having to restart httpd after the build/reboot.  In fact, I'm putting together a checklist of stuff that I do (and will share it when I'm done). The intent will be to be able to use the installer, reboot, and then pretty much copy/paste to get the rest of it working. Sounds like you sorted much of it already.
>
> Here's a shortlist of what I do to get any number of nodes working after a build and reboot.
>

> Node stuff:
> -------------------
> service cgred restart; chkconfig cgred on
> service cgconfig restart; chkconfig cgconfig on
> echo "kernel.sem = 250  32000 32  4096">> /etc/sysctl.conf; sysctl -p
> service mcollective restart
> oo-accept-node
>
> Broker stuff:
> ------------------
> host=$(hostname -f)
> chkconfig httpd on
> sed -i '/VirtualHost/,/VirtualHost/ d' /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
> sed -i 's/localhost/${host}/' /etc/httpd/conf.d/000002_openshift_origin_broker_servername.conf
> yum -y install mlocate
> service openshift-broker restart
> oo-diagnostics -vv
>
> If you don't wanna use NetworkManager:
> grep -l NM_CONTROLLED /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* | xargs perl -p -i -e '/NM_CONTROLLED/ && s/yes/no/i'

This is awesome feedback. I'm on the fence about having the installer reboot target hosts. We _could_ and at one point in the past we _did_, but that seemed to cause more problems than it was worth. On the other hand, leaving a post-reboot script on each target system might be a decent compromise.

Out of curiosity, have you ever run into a situation where MCollective _didn't_ get installed on the Broker host? That is an issue that Shabna ran into with this latest effort.

Cheers,
Harrison