From: N. Harrison Ripps [mailto:hripps redhat com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:21 AM
To: Madathilthattantav, S.
Cc: Jason DeTiberus; users lists openshift redhat com; Krishna Raman; dev lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: oo-install for Origin version 3

Hey Shabna--

On Jan 16, 2014, at 13:36 , <s madathilthattantav accenture com> <s madathilthattantav accenture com> wrote:

> The output:
> Installed Packages
> Name        : activemq
> Arch        : noarch
> Version     : 5.8.0
> Release     : 3.el6
> Size        : 44 M
> Repo        : installed
> From repo   : puppetlabs-deps
> Summary     : Apache ActiveMQ
> URL         : http://activemq.apache.org/
> License     : ASL 2.0
> Description : ApacheMQ is a JMS Compliant Messaging System
>
> Available Packages
> Name        : activemq
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 5.8.0
> Release     : 1.redhat.60024.el6oso
> Size        : 28 M
> Repo        : openshift-origin-deps
> Summary     : ActiveMQ Messaging Broker
> URL         : http://activemq.apache.org/
> License     : ASL 2.0
> Description : ActiveMQ Messaging Broker

Thanks, this is very helpful. I think the root problem is that I directed you to the PuppetLabs repos to install Puppet. That was a mistake on my part. Puppet is available through EPEL and that would have been the correct way to install it. Instead, because your Broker had the puppetlabs-deps repo on it, the wrong Puppet package was installed.

To correct this:
* `yum erase activemq`
* Disable the puppetlabs-deps repo (easiest way, change 'enabled=1' to 'enabled=0' in the puppetlabs-deps.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/)
* Rerun `yum install activemq`

That -should- get you back on track. Let us know!

--Harrison