From: "N. Harrison Ripps" <hripps redhat com>
To: "Randall Theobald" <Randall_Theobald Dell com>
Cc: lmeyer redhat com, users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47:53 AM
Subject: Re: OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 fresh install package dep failure

Hey Randall--

On Jun 4, 2014, at 8:37, Randall_Theobald Dell com wrote:

> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
>
> It would be really helpful for those of us following directions from http://install.openshift.com for there to be a few more notes on the steps needed, or what to do when things don’t work. I know that the oo-install guide is there, but it seems more targeted to those that aren’t using the install script at all, so it’s hard to parse out what is and isn’t needed for script users.

Thanks for the feedback. I am literally taking a break from revising oo-install (the guts of install.openshift.com) to write this e-mail. I will also be updating the oo-install User's Guide as part of this effort. My focus is on preparing oo-install for Origin v4, but everything I do here will make its way into OpenShift Enterprise, as well.

If you don't mind going into a little more detail on your experience, I can incorporate it into the work that I'm doing. But just so you know what is already slated for change, have a look at the Origin v4 Backlog list[^1]. Most of the tasks there boil down to "removing oo-install prerequisites" and "enabling high-availability deployments via oo-install".

Anyhow, please follow up with some more details or come find me on IRC - we hang out on FreeNode at #openshift-dev and my username is nhr.

Thanks,
Harrison

[^1]: https://trello.com/b/9jLHsM7K/openshift-origin-release-engineering