Re: How to use jbosseap without Git or IDE

The running artifacts are in $OPENSHIFT_JBOSSEAP_DIR/standalone/deployments, so in theory can you replace/add/edit the WAR files that location and jboss will detect the change and redeploy, but I *strongly* recommend against doing this since your changes will be wiped out as soon as a re-deploy occurs in openshift.  In addition any scale-out operations will not work since scale-out copies and redeploys your repository.  That sort of interaction pattern is really not suited to the JBossEAP cartridge.

Can you elaborate on why you do not want to use git to push changes to your application?  You can push war files directly via git (rather than pushing source), if your concern is around waiting for the build cycle during deployments.

Ben Parees | OpenShift