Re: Jython and JRuby on OpenShift

On 03/07/2014 12:50 PM, Steven Citron-Pousty wrote:
I think the torquebox cartridge was a downloadable so it may have
included Jruby in the download.

Where should I make the cards and I will also do some digging to see
what it requires. I need Jython - any idea once identified how long it
will take to roll out?
Thanks
Steve

Since jython is already available in the channels and something we don't need to support ourselves then we can probably get that in with the upcoming release.

What cartridges need to have jython as a dependency?

-AdamM

*From: *"Adam Miller" <admiller redhat com>
*To: *users lists openshift redhat com
*Sent: *Friday, March 7, 2014 8:48:23 AM
*Subject: *Re: Jython and JRuby on OpenShift

On 03/07/2014 12:27 AM, Steven Citron-Pousty wrote:
 > Hey folks:
 > Vert.x has the ability to use Jython and Jruby for it's verticles. Are
 > Jython and Jruby already installed on OpenShift Online?
 > Thanks
 > Steve

Neither are currently installed in OpenShift Online. Jython appears to
be available in the rhel-server-releases-optional channel and while I
don't see jruby in my yum search, I'm assuming I just need to track down
what channel provides it because unless I'm mistaken it's shipped with
TorqueBox.

However, if we don't ship jruby then we could probably look at options
to fix that.

If this is something you'd like to have pursued, let me know and I'll
get Trello cards put in to make sure we dot I's and cross T's with
management, dev, QE, etc. about getting them in PROD.

-AdamM