Re: Jython and JRuby on OpenShift

On 03/07/2014 07:30 PM, Michael McGrath wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Citron-Pousty" <spousty redhat com>
To: "Paul Morie" <pmorie redhat com>
Cc: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 5:16:18 PM
Subject: Re: Jython and JRuby on OpenShift

And the DIY and anyone else who needs to use Jython or Jruby.
I don't think putting it with a specific cart is the right idea. It is a
library that may not do any web serving but used for scripting or for other
purposes.

We tend to like pulling in deps this way to keep offerings consistent between online and enterprise (though I think that's fallen out of favor for some).  Dep tracking is remarkably complicated but allowing RPM to just do its job works fairly well.  I don't think online users particularly care how the packages get on the system, just that they are available.

    -Mike

Added as an optional dependency.

https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/pull/4920

-AdamM