Re: generic way to find internal IP address of application

I don't think you'll find a generic standard, those IP addresses come from the manifest file eg. my cartridge's manifest.yml https://github.com/andrewklau/openshift-galera-mariadb/blob/master/metadata/manifest.yml#L68

I defined one internal address, which'll come out as $OPENSHIFT_MARIADB_DB_HOST, keep in mind if I were to define the next "Private-IP-Name" as a different variable, OpenShift would give me another internal address.