Re: Reset an installation

Hi Sylvain--

> On Nov 28, 2014, at 04:56, Sylvain Goulmy <sygoulmy gmail com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed Openshift Origin and i'm facing issues with the installation of Java cartridges.
>
> I'd like to reinstall the whole thing from scratch, is there any specific command to do that ?

Unfortunately, no. You can search for some of the installed RPMs with:

yum list installed | grep openshift

But if you really want a complete uninstall, you'd need to look at all of the RPMs in the OpenShift yum repo:

http://mirror.openshift.com/pub/openshift/release/4/rhel-6/

It's a lot of RPMs.

> If not, which directories should i remove to reinstall the product on a clean platform ?

The OpenShift packages and dependencies don't all get installed to a single directory. You will find most of the config under /etc/openshift but you'd have to go through all of the RPMs from the OpenShift repo and inspect them to really know where everything ends up.

Suggestion: maybe the system you are working with can be rescued from its current state? What error messages are you seeing? You can use a service like fpaste.org to share errors and log output.