Re: Restart dead gears

Watchman is included in the o-o-n-u rpm.  I am sorry I do not know with which version of Origin it was open sourced.

You can see the source at https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/blob/master/node-util/sbin/oo-watchman
The plugin sources' at https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/node-util/conf/watchman/plugins.d

The GearStatePlugin monitors the expected state of a gear and using a weak heuristic attempts to restart gears that are not "running".
Given we now have downloadable cartridges determining what should be running on a gear is not always clear.

I hope this helps.

/jwh