Re: oo-install and ssh

Hey there--

> On Sep 4, 2014, at 07:44, Billy Bones <gael therond gmail com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm facing a strange behavior during my oo-install on a centos 6.5 VM.
>
> I've got two centos, one which is for the broker role (include DBServer and MSGServer) and the other one which is a gear node.
>
> During the installation, everything is fine if I'm installing all roles on only one node, but as soon as I try to separate the roles, the oo-install doesn't work and stop before the end of the process.
>
> The oo-install is complaining about the SSH public key access.
>
> My two nodes are set to only allow SSH access through public keys.
> I'm currently on my lab setup so I'm executing everything with the root user.
>
> ssh is set to allow root access only using public keys.
>
> During the oo-install setup, everything is OK and the wizard process everything until the SSH connection to the node target where is saying:
>
> D, [2014-09-04T13:28:04.308146 #1823] DEBUG -- net.ssh.authentication.session[3fdd64f3b5ac]: trying publickey
> D, [2014-09-04T13:28:04.308381 #1823] DEBUG -- net.ssh.authentication.agent[3fdd64f39f18]: connecting to ssh-agent
> E, [2014-09-04T13:28:04.308540 #1823] ERROR -- net.ssh.authentication.agent[3fdd64f39f18]: could not connect to ssh-agent
> E, [2014-09-04T13:28:04.308727 #1823] ERROR -- net.ssh.authentication.session[3fdd64f3b5ac]: all authorization methods failed (tried publickey)
> * SSH connection could not be established:
>   "root"
>
> If I do a:
>
> ssh -i /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key root node01 contoso lan everything is ok, I'm connecting to the remote host as root without any warning messages.

In this example above, you are specifically telling SSH which key to use. In order for oo-install to do the same, you should define this in the SSH configuration on the system where you are running oo-install.

To do this, create or open the ~/.ssh/config file and put in an entry like:

Host node01.contoso.lan
  User         root
  HostName     node01.contoso.lan
  IdentityFile /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key

And test it by running:

    ssh node-1.contoso.lan

If you are able to connect with this command, then the configuration is correct.

Now when oo-install attempts to connect to the node host, it will implicitly pick up the right key because the ssh configuration file tells it what to use.

--Harrison

p.s. Advice from another _Treasure Island_ fan: Heed Doctor Livesey's diagnosis, and if I were you I'd leave the Benbow for an inn further inland.