Re: Problem deploying open shift (oo-admin-ctl-district missing)

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 08:52, Brenton Leanhardt <bleanhar redhat com> wrote:
>
> +++ chmanie gmail com [07/09/14 18:52 +0200]:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a problem deploying openshift. I hope that someone can help me.
>>
>> I deployed openshift on one host (broker, nameserver and node as a test) on a digital ocean droplet with CentOS 6.5. It seems everything went fine except I got the following errors:
>>
>> —————————————————————————————————————
>> Now performing post-installation tasks.
>> Failed to create district 'Default'.
>> You will need to run the following manually on a Broker to create the district:
>>
>> 	oo-admin-ctl-district -c create -n Default -p small
>>
>> Then you will need to run the add-node command for each associated node:
>>
>> 	oo-admin-ctl-district -c add-node -n Default -i <node_hostname>
>>
>> Attempting to register available cartridge types with Broker(s).
>> Could not register cartridge types with Broker(s).
>> Log into any Broker and attempt to register the carts with this command:
>>
>> 	oo-admin-ctl-cartridge -c import-node —activate
>> —————————————————————————————————————
>>
>> When I was trying to do that on the machine I noticed that both commands (oo-admin-ctl-district and oo-admin-ctl-cartridge) were not available (command not found).
>> I guess that was the problem why the install script could not execute them in the first place.
>>
>> I can, however provide a copy of the open shift-deploy.log: https://gist.github.com/4dcb7396425206a094bf
>
> Just taking a quick look at that look it seems that there is something
> seriously wrong on the host where the install was running.  Look
> around line 70:
>
> https://gist.github.com/chmanie/4dcb7396425206a094bf#file-openshift-deploy-log-L70
>
> There are a lot of memory related error messages that seem to have
> prevented many packages from being installed correctly.  How much
> memory does the system have?

On a related note, I have often seen issues when our Puppet module is run on a resource-starved VM. When I run test-deployments across 4 VMs running on my laptop, I see some very unusual errors as file systems within the VM suddenly become read-only because they've been swapped out to disk.