Re: OpenShift Origin regions / districts

Hi David--
Thanks for posting! Glad to hear that you've got a multi-node OpenShift system!

> On Sep 17, 2014, at 10:05, David Strejc <david strejc gmail com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I got a functional installation of OpenShift Origin 4 and I got:
>
> 1 Broker and Node on Broker host
> 2 Nodes separately
>
> I've created regions us and eu and I want to know if in OO 4 is this functionality enabled and working, cause when I try to do:
>
> rhc region
>
> I receive:
>
> Server does not support regions and zones
>
> I am deploying my OO for developers and our application will be spread over several continents and I need to know if they will be able to migrate app from one continent to another.

My colleague Jason DeTiberus had a look at this, and unfortunately the API support for this feature arrived in the code base 7 days -after- we cut the Origin M4 branch:

https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/commit/c20937b2db82e88ba8bed0580a103af7b93c7e73

Before we can make any plans to update the Origin M4 RPMs, we need to figure out all of the commits on master that a) came in after July 10th, and b) are relevant to this feature. I'd greatly appreciate help from anyone in the community who can help us track down those commits.

Cheers,
Harrison