Re: OpenShift Origin regions / districts

Hey David--

> On Sep 17, 2014, at 11:16, David Strejc <david strejc gmail com> wrote:
>
> I am little bit confused with updating of OS M4 RPMs and whole release cycle of OS M4 - are they updated continuously or they are freezed till M5 arrives?

OpenShift Origin releases approximately once every 6 months. Typically there is -no- point release for Origin. However, in this instance, it makes sense to consider tracking this functionality down and releasing an update.

The main reason for at least considering the patch is that OpenShift Origin M5 will be very different than previous Origin releases. It will be based on a totally new architecture[^1], and many OpenShift administrators may choose to stick with the current architecture. For these folks the only way to provide this feature will be with a patch.

> I am quite new to OpenShift community and I can help with some things.
>
> If this is just working in master branche do you plan to have let's say M4.1 released?

That depends on what needs to be done to introduce the fix. I am hoping that we only need to update a few M4 RPMs, in which case we will rev the version numbers on the rebuilt RPMs, push them to the OpenShift repo site and provide instructions for running a simple, targeted yum update.

--Harrison

[^1]: http://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-013-openshift-3.html