Re: almost there: "Got Node Unavailable Exception"...

Hi Harrison,

thanks for reply. See my responses below in-line:

On 09/18/2014 11:41 AM, N. Harrison Ripps wrote:
> Hey Dmitry-- First off, hats off to you for doing this legwork.
> However, you may be working with a version of OpenShift Origin that
> is no longer supported!

Speaking of which - does OSO not follow Fedora-like lifecycle with
(community) support for n and n-1 versions ?

> Looking over your previous e-mails, I think
> you are doing all of this with Origin M3.

that is correct.

> However, we are up to
> Origin M4 now; it was released in July:
>
> https://www.openshift.com/blogs/announcing-the-release-of-openshift-origin-v4
>
>  Is there a specific reason that you are using M3?

the only reasons at the moment are:

1. I'd like to re-trace my steps of setting up M3 6month ago with *same*
ansible playbook. (obviously I did some manual interventions as I can't
get things to the same place with the same playbooks alone)

2. I'd like to see how the upgrade M3->M4 would go (is there such thing
as upgrade?)

3. most times I prefer to track version n-1 as those tend to be well
tested/known with issues and solutions.

> If not, you should
> head over to https://install.openshift.com/ and start working against
> the M4 repo:
>
> http://mirror.openshift.com/pub/openshift/release/4/

Can you tell me how much different M4 setup is from M3? Is it reasonable
to expect playbooks written for M3 to work well with M4 ?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330