Re: almost there: "Got Node Unavailable Exception"...

> On Sep 18, 2014, at 13:55, Dmitry Makovey <dmitry athabascau ca> wrote:
>
> Hi Harrison,
>
> thanks for reply. See my responses below in-line:
>
> On 09/18/2014 11:41 AM, N. Harrison Ripps wrote:
>> Hey Dmitry-- First off, hats off to you for doing this legwork.
>> However, you may be working with a version of OpenShift Origin that
>> is no longer supported!
>
> Speaking of which - does OSO not follow Fedora-like lifecycle with
> (community) support for n and n-1 versions ?

OpenShift Origin does not; this is largely due to available resources.

>> Looking over your previous e-mails, I think
>> you are doing all of this with Origin M3.
>
> that is correct.
>
>> However, we are up to
>> Origin M4 now; it was released in July:
>>
>> https://www.openshift.com/blogs/announcing-the-release-of-openshift-origin-v4
>>
>> Is there a specific reason that you are using M3?
>
> the only reasons at the moment are:
>
> 1. I'd like to re-trace my steps of setting up M3 6month ago with *same*
> ansible playbook. (obviously I did some manual interventions as I can't
> get things to the same place with the same playbooks alone)
>
> 2. I'd like to see how the upgrade M3->M4 would go (is there such thing
> as upgrade?)

That came up in a different thread recently; here's a link:

https://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/users/2014-September/msg00038.html

> 3. most times I prefer to track version n-1 as those tend to be well
> tested/known with issues and solutions.
>
>> If not, you should
>> head over to https://install.openshift.com/ and start working against
>> the M4 repo:
>>
>> http://mirror.openshift.com/pub/openshift/release/4/
>
> Can you tell me how much different M4 setup is from M3? Is it reasonable
> to expect playbooks written for M3 to work well with M4 ?

I'm not an Ansible expert, so it is hard for me to say with any certainty. At a minimum, you will need to perform some new post-install steps that are described here:

http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_comprehensive.html#post-install-tasks

In general, I'd say you should compare the operation of your playbook with the linked guide. That will be the best indication of how much has changed.

Good luck!
Harrison