Blog Post: How We Number OpenShift Origin and Enterprise Releases

Hey all--
Recently you may have noticed that I'm starting to use the phrase "Milestone" when it comes to OpenShift Origin releases. The reason for this change is just to avoid a lot of potential confusion around OpenShift Origin releases and how they relate to other OpenShift distributions and architectural shifts in the OpenShift platform as a whole.

If you're curious, I explain the terminology in some more depth on our blog:
https://www.openshift.com/blogs/how-we-number-openshift-origin-and-enterprise-releases

The TL;DR is this: Origin releases are called Milestones, the current release is Milestone 4, or simply "M4", and the next release (approx. 4/5 months from now) will be M5, etc.

As always, please feel free to follow up with any questions or comments.

Cheers,
Harrison