Re: build fail due to time or cert issue? Peer's Certificate has expired.

Looks like an issue we saw where all URLs were resolving to the master from within pods. Obviously the master doesn't have a valid cert for github.com

Copied from another email thread:

NetworkManager / dhcp is adding the host's domain name to the search
path. If your host's domain name matches the wildcard path then you'll
end up with these problems.

wildcard *.apps.example.com  and {master,nodeX}.example.com is safe

wildcard *.example.com and {master,nodeX}.example.com is not

The problem exhibits itself in 3.0.1 because kubernetes changed the
ndots value to 5 in order to allow for dns lookups on SRV lookup names
like _dns._udp.kube-dns.default.svc to be considered relative and
follow the search path.