Re: Running Openshift Origin with multiple app domains

I see. Thanks for the insight shared. I guess I will have to setup two Openshift 2 then, before trying out Openshift 3.

And great work on Openshift 3. Looking forward to try the public beta release.

- JC

On 12/2/15 5:39 am, Clayton Coleman wrote:
In Openshift 3 this has been fixed, but it's based on a significant change to the architecture (breaking edge routing into its own layer), and not something that's easily portable back to 2.

On Feb 11, 2015, at 1:06 PM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer redhat com> wrote:

It's... not really possible (without a fair amount of engineering). I can see how this would be nice to have sometimes; but the cloud domain app name is really only meant to be a convenience anyway... aliases are for giving things the names you actually want.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmy Chu" <jimmychu hkwtf com>
To: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:45:23 AM
Subject: Running Openshift Origin with multiple app domains

Hi,

I have a use case that I need to run Openshift Origin with multiple app domains. To be specific, say the following two URLs:
project-username.zone01.mycompany.com
project-username.zone02.mycompany.com

The domains that openshift manages would be zone01.mycompany.com and zone02.mycompany.com

Is it possible to have ONE Openshift origin cluster that could manage both domains, instead of installing and maintaining two set of openshift cluster in this case? At the beginning it could be no affinity (apps on both zones could be mixed in same set of nodes). If there is blog post or documentation pointing to this kind of setup, that would be great to know.

Thank you for any input shared.

- Jimmy Chu