RE: Building OpenShift origin-server RPMs/SRPMs from Source

Yeah man, I'm finally getting around to commenting as well. Good job and thanks again for your efforts.

Looking forward to testing it as time permits.

Michael J. McConachie
| keys.fedoraproject.org | PubKey: 0x7BCD88F8
NOTE: The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information are strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying, disclosing or forwarding.

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 20:37:53 +0200
Subject: Re: Building OpenShift origin-server RPMs/SRPMs from Source
From: m ignev gmail com
To: nhr redhat com
CC: users lists openshift redhat com; dev lists openshift redhat com

Good job!

On Monday, January 5, 2015, N. Harrison Ripps <nhr redhat com> wrote:
Hi Nakayama--

> On Dec 27, 2014, at 08:43, Nakayama Kenjiro <nakayamakenjiro gmail com> wrote:
>
> Please excuse me, List
>
> Let me introduce my OpenShift origin-server rpm build tool.
>
> As you may know, building origin-server rpm from source is kind of troublesome.
> The openshift-dev-tools[1] is already obsolete.
> And the scripts in rel-eng/*[2] are not so easy to use and debug, because many
> people are not familiar with tito and mockchain.
>
> So I made a script to create the rpm packages. And here it is:
>
>   openshift-rpmbuild
>   https://github.com/nak3/openshift-rpmbuild
>
> The usage is really simple.
> You just run "openshift-rpmbuild.sh" with one argument "$PACKAGE_NAME" or "buildall"
> in the origin-server source code directory.
>
> eg)
>   $ ./openshift-rpmbuild.sh openshift-origin-broker
>   $ ./openshift-rpmbuild.sh buildall
>
> I made the script as small as possible.
> So it is just 110 lines, but it has some useful options too.
>
> I hope this script can get reduce the burden to build.
> Any comment, bug report and feedback are very welcome.

This is really great. Thank you for putting it together!

> Thank you for reading this message.
> Kenjiro Nakayama
>
> [1] http://www.openshift.org/documentation/oo_notes_building_rpms_from_source.html
> [2] https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/tree/master/rel-eng/build_instructions
>
> --
> Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <nakayamakenjiro gmail com>
> GPG Key fingerprint = ED8F 049D E67A 727D 9A44  8E25 F44B E208 C946 5EB9

Поздрави,
Мариан Игнев

---
www: http://m.ignev.net/