Re: Origin 4 problem to add nodes to district

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 07:54:29PM +0000, Massimiliano Dessì wrote:
How can I see the version ?

I have a lot of packages with Mcollective
openshift-origin-msg-node-mcollective-1.23.2.1-1.el6
ruby193-mcollective-2.4.1-2.el6

This is the package in question.  You have 2.4, so it should need the
newer settings.

this problems are on a Origin installation not  Enterprise.
[...]

They both use the same version of MCollective, so the configuration
should be the same.

Thinking about it more, I remember adding a check to oo-diagnostics
a while back to verify that direct_addressing is set correctly:
https://github.com/openshift/origin-server/commit/02f18c01202679ca1c5aad6805dad519ff980bb9

My commit included this interesting comment:

    # <https://docs.puppetlabs.com/mcollective/configure/client.html> and
    # <https://docs.puppetlabs.com/mcollective/configure/server.html> state
    # that the default value is 0.  However, oo-mco inventory fails with
    # ruby193-mcollective-client-2.4.1-5.el6op if direct_addressing is not
    # explicitly disabled.

However, testing now on a node I have set up for testing, it seems like
it doesn't matter what it's set to—mco inventory and oo-mco facts work
whether I have direct_addressing = 0, direct_addressing = 1, or neither.
(And I did remember to restart ruby193-mcollective after changing it for
each test!) My test node has ruby193-mcollective-2.4.1-6.el6op, but
I don't think there are any relevant changes between 2.4.1-2 and
2.4.1-6.

I don't know.  MCollective is weird.

--
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <mmasters redhat com>