Re: Docker build fails - Pod.Status: invalid value 'Unknown'

Jakub was looking at a similar error with how the client works.  Cc'd

On Jan 22, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Dror Gensler <dror g zend com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I recently updated Openshift and encountered a problem with Docker builds:
When a build starts the "openshift/origin-docker-builder" pod is started with an "Unknown" status.
The build itself remains in "pending" state for a while, and the build-log reports:
{
  "kind": "Status",
  "creationTimestamp": null,
  "apiVersion": "v1beta1",
  "status": "Failure",
  "message": "Pod.Status: invalid value 'Unknown': must be Running",
  "code": 500
}

After a minute or so the pod status changes to "Failed" and the build log reports:
{
  "kind": "Status",
  "creationTimestamp": null,
  "apiVersion": "v1beta1",
  "status": "Failure",
  "message": "Pod.Status: invalid value 'Failed': must be Running",
  "code": 500
}

I noticed all pods are started with an "Unknown" STATUS, which lasts for a minute or so.
I believe this temporary Unknown status is the reason for the build's failing, as the automated-build template used to work on previous versions and no other errors are presented in the logs.

It all started when I upgraded Openshift and Docker:
openshift version 0.1, build ed60f9f
kubernetes v0.8.0-dev
Docker 1.4.1

Everything worked with the previous version I used:
openshift version 0.1, build fe98314
kubernetes v0.6.0-dev
Docker 1.01

Tried using the openshift container and a locally compiled version from source. problem exists in both implementations.

Your help will be much appreciated,
Dror Gensler
Zend Technologies.