Re: How to run nodes on separate physical machine from master

You're probably running `openshift start`, which runs a combined master and node, which explains why the node ports are already taken.

You probably want to do the following:

1.Start a master:
$ openshift start master [...any desired options...]

2. On the same machine as the master (in order to use the master's generated CA), generate a configuration for your node (replace with your node's hostname, and add any IP addresses or FQDN's you want the node's serving cert to be valid for):
$ oadm create-node-config --node-dir=mynodeconfig --node=$NODE_HOST --hostnames=$NODE_HOST[,$NODE_FQDN_HOST,$NODE_IP,...] --master=https://$MASTERHOST:8443 --dns-ip=$MASTERIP

3. Take the generated directory to your node, and start your node:
$ openshift start node --config=/path/to/mynodeconfig/node-config.yaml

When you start your node, it should contact the master and register itself