Re: openshift origin,custom templates from running containers

Assuming you're just running an image directly and not using an openshift build, what you need to do is reimport to pick up the changes you pushed to the image repository (this would happen automatically if you were storing your images in the internal openshift registry):

oc import-image test

if your DC does not have an imagechange trigger (it should) you will also need:
oc deploy test --latest

to trigger a new deployment.

but fyi i'm guessing the issue you hit was:
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/admin_guide/manage_scc.html#enable-images-to-run-with-user-in-the-dockerfile

so you may want to make sure you've either made that change or updatd your image so it can run as an arbitrary uid.