Re: How to automate OpenShift installation onto OpenStack Icehouse

Hello,

I reckon that you can leverge one of the infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc and their specific plugin to talk with OpenStack. In my case, I have used Chef and knife-openstack plugin to spin off virtual machines, preconfigure them (ssh keys, sudo, etc) and then install OpenShift using oo-install expressed as a part of recipe. With that approach I can easily extend the basic broker / node roles with such capabilities as installing custom, in-house built cartridges or integrating OpenShft authentication mechanism with Keystone by this awesome plugin (https://github.com/RedHatEMEA/c-keystoneclient).

Regards,
Dariusz