Re: Upgrade gear cartridges

If you are on Origin M4, that should work pretty much like the current Enterprise (2.2) documentation. Can't speak to M3, can't remember which release that aligned with; might or might not have the cartridge upgrade stuff.

As far as only upgrading PHP cartridges, I don't think oo-admin-upgrade has anything specific for that; what you would have to do is to only upgrade that cartridge on the nodes, so it would be the only one that got a new version imported at the broker. In case it wasn't clear from the docs, that's the flow... you upgrade the cartridge definition on the node, import that to the broker, and then have the broker go through the existing gears to upgrade each gear's cartridge instance.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marian Ignev" <m ignev gmail com>
To: "Luke Meyer" <lmeyer redhat com>
Cc: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 8:18:53 AM
Subject: Re: Upgrade gear cartridges

Thanks, Luke

yes, this will be very helpful :)

It works for Origin also ... right?

One more question. Is there an option that I can say ... upgrade only PHP cartridges? Or ... I have to make short list with Gear UIDs which I want to upgrade and after that to upgrade them one by one?

Поздрави,
Мариан Игнев

---
www: http://m.ignev.net/
twitter: @mignev

Yes, see oo-admin-upgrade. Enterprise docs cover usage a bit:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/OpenShift_Enterprise/2/html-single/Deployment_Guide/index.html#chap-Asynchronous_Errata_Updates
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/OpenShift_Enterprise/2/html-single/2.2_Release_Notes/index.html#chap-Asynchronous_Errata_Updates