Re: OpenShift-v3 Beta3 -- BYO ansible playbook failure (hostname lookup ?)

On 06/05/15 12:12 +0200, Florian Daniel Otel wrote:
Happy to report success :)

One caveat / note:

-  "inventory/byo/hosts"
The "openshift_registry_url" and, respectively,
"openshift_additional_repos" URLs  are not Internet reachable. As such
those lines had to be commented out when used as a Ansible hosts file.  If
not,  then  "TASK: [openshift_master | Install OpenShift Master package]"
fails when performing "repoquery".

The inventory/byo/hosts file is mostly present as an example and really only has the pre-release (internal) repo and registry enabled as a convenience for our development team. The inventory provided (https://github.com/openshift/training/blob/master/beta3/ansible/hosts) alongside the training docs (https://github.com/openshift/training/blob/master/beta-3-setup.md)
already has these lines commented out.

I can send the gist with the failure, but this should be obvious -- (at
least it should have been for me ;)).  Again, minor niggle but just in
case.

Other than that, the installation _seems_ to be OK  -- at least so far.

Some things I usually test to verify the installation after install:
- On the master, verify the node status: `osc get nodes`
- Within a minute or two following the completion of the ansible script, each node should be in a Ready state - Create the router: https://github.com/openshift/training/blob/master/beta-3-setup.md#creating-the-router
- Create the internal registry:
 https://github.com/openshift/training/blob/master/beta-3-setup.md#preparing-for-sti-the-registry
- Create a few applications and routes and verify that they are functioning as expected
 - https://github.com/openshift/training/blob/master/beta-3-setup.md#sti---what-is-it

--
Jason DeTiberus