Re: Help needed for Openshift Origin installation - is the documentation up to date???

Hi Michael,

I got the Ruby example running some days ago. I started with boot2docker in Windows and with a VM running CentOS. Both didn't work. The approach that worked for me was taking the latest Fedora 21 and install it in a VirtualBox.
I described it here http://sebplorenz.blogspot.de/2015/05/how-to-deploy-application-on-openshift.html
Maybe it works for you too.

Good Luck.
Sebastian

Hi everybody,

for several days I've been struggling to install OpenShift Origin and run the sample build, but to no avail. I've used the vagrant approach, the docker container and the binary. I'm stuck.

I'm installing on a virgin CentOS 7 VM with 8 GB RAM, 20 GB disk space, 2 CPUs which should suffice...

The most success I've had using the docker container approach.

The documentation I'm following is

* http://docs.openshift.org/latest/getting_started/dev_get_started/setup.html
* http://docs.openshift.org/latest/getting_started/dev_get_started/installation.html

I've defined the special docker repository as described in https://github.com/openshift/origin.

When continuing with https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/sample-app/README.md,the installation fails at the following steps:

* in step 9 an Error 404 is returned, not the expected result
* in step 17 the build fails with an "Could not fetch specs from https://rubygems.org/" error.

Can someone confirm that the setup, installation and try-it should really work with the mentioned documentation, or are there some things missing?

I would appreciate any hints as to why these errors might appear.

Thanks and kind regards

Michael