How to create s2i application in OpenShift without language detection?

So when I want to create an application using the principle of s2i, I do the following:
'oc new-app https://github.com/reponame/test.git'

--> this is for example a PHP-application with index.php.
OpenShift will detect the name and will link it to the PHP image of docker hub. It will pull the image and inject my code, and everything is fine.
OpenShift will use the language detection. So when I call my file hello.php and not index.php, than OpenShift will not notice it's an PHP-app.

So is there a possibilty to describe the image/language you're using for your application, when the automatic language detection isn't possible.