wildcard dns

You need a webserver when you want to configure a wild card dns.
But the webserver is on another host that my master-node environment (hostnames are like: master1.example.com).
So I have just a server with apache2 (this is running).
I did the following:
edit httpd.conf file
ServerAlias *cloudapps.example.com
#IP of my master
*.cloudapps.example.com. 300 IN A 192.168.133.2

Will this be enough to let the router work with it? Or do I need to configure host acces or other stuff. (I don't have much experience with web and dns servers)