InfluxDB

Hello!
I am running openshift 1.0.6 and deployed Cluster Metrics with InfluxDB v8.8. The database size is 6.8GB, so i tried to delete some data, since documentation for v8.8 is very rare, i have no idea how database schema looks like an so i fail to write the corresponding "DELETE" statemets. Can someone give me a hint how to query/get the database schema? Does v8.8 support retention policies like v9 to automatically limit the database size?