Aw: Re: InfluxDB

One more question, i had to enter "bind" after changing the database, now "list series" gives me:

cpu/limit_gauge
cpu/usage_ns_cumulative
filesystem/limit_bytes_gauge
filesystem/usage_bytes_gauge
log/events
memory/limit_bytes_gauge
memory/major_page_faults_cumulative
memory/page_faults_cumulative
memory/usage_bytes_gauge
memory/working_set_bytes_gauge
network/rx_bytes_cumulative
network/rx_errors_cumulative
network/tx_bytes_cumulative
network/tx_errors_cumulative
uptime_ms_cumulative

I can select all events by running:

> select * from "log/events"

Is there also a way wo delete entries like

> delete from "log/events"
Could not handle the command. type 'help' to get a help menu

I was playing around with influx-cli because i am looking for a possibility to delete date, since database size is 9 GB. I read something about retention, but i found it in v0.9. When are entries deleted from database? I don't know what means the following command, but does it mean that after 7 days old entries are overwritten?

> list shardspaces
Database    Name Regex Retention Duration RF Split
     k8s default  /.*/       inf       7d  1     1

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. November 2015 um 12:26 Uhr
Von: "Marian Ignev" <m ignev gmail com>
An: MA2412 gmx de
Cc: "Openshift Maillist" <users lists openshift redhat com>
Betreff: Re: InfluxDB
Hi,

Login to the UI of the InfluxDB and then write a query:

list series

this will return all the series for the certain database. After that choose the specific series and write the following query:

select * from series limit 1

This will return the schema of the series.

If you want to delete some old data you can write the following query:

delete from series where time < now() - 7d

Hope this will help.

Поздрави,
Мариан Игнев

---
www: http://m.ignev.net/
twitter: @mignev

Hello!
I am running openshift 1.0.6 and deployed Cluster Metrics with InfluxDB v8.8. The database size is 6.8GB, so i tried to delete some data, since documentation for v8.8 is very rare, i have no idea how database schema looks like an so i fail to write the corresponding "DELETE" statemets. Can someone give me a hint how to query/get the database schema? Does v8.8 support retention policies like v9 to automatically limit the database size?