Wildcard DNS for OpenShift Origin

I have OpenShift v3 installed on an Amazon EC2 instance. The OS is CentOS7. OpenShift contains a router and routes which makes it possible to access services by their hostname.
In my initial configuration I was working like this:
  • I linked a service and a hostname via a route.
  • On my own PC (not the server), I edited /etc/hosts and added the following:
    52.18.247.x myapp.apps.example.com

52.18.247.x is my public IP of the amazon instance where my router is running. This was working. So I could acces myapp.apps.example in my browser. But I knew this was not the best way to do it. So I wanted to set up a Wildcard for resolving this issue. I cleared my /etc/hosts on my real pc and went into my amazon instance:
yum install dnsmasq
dnsmasq is running on port 53.
vi /etc/dnsmasq.conf
add:
address=/apps.example.com/52.18.247.x
Than I did a restart:
sudo service dnsmasq restart
But it is not working and I cannot visit my services (apps) in my browser. What am I doing wrong or do I forget to configure something?