RE: Wildcard DNS for OpenShift Origin

Thanks, I did what you said: new ec2 instance (centos7). I installed dnsmasq en dit the configuration of /etc/resolve.conf and of /etc/dnsmasq.conf on the DNS-server.

[root ip-10-0-0-x centos]# dig @52.17.145.x jenkins.apps.example.com (a route to one of my applications)
<<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-18.el7_1.5 <<>> @52.17.145.139 jenkins.apps.example.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;jenkins.apps.example.com.    IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
jenkins.apps.example.com. 0    IN    A    52.17.145.x (The IP of my DNS-server)

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 52.17.145.139#53(52.17.145.139)
;; WHEN: Thu Nov 12 13:49:38 UTC 2015
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 58

I get an answer so it seems to work but when I'm browsing to my app it does not work. Maybe because I don't have apache in the pod. But that's something what is not clear. It was working when I just described my IP and hostnames in /etc/hosts (on my real computer).
So I would think it should work.

So now I have an instance with the router, some apps with routes and an instance with the DNS-server.