Re: Wildcard DNS for OpenShift Origin

Hi Lorenz,

El 12/11/15 a las 10:55, Lorenz Vanthillo escribió:
Thanks, I did what you said: new ec2 instance (centos7). I installed dnsmasq en dit the configuration of /etc/resolve.conf and of /etc/dnsmasq.conf on the DNS-server.

[root ip-10-0-0-x centos]# dig @52.17.145.x jenkins.apps.example.com (a route to one of my applications)
<<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-18.el7_1.5 <<>> @52.17.145.139 jenkins.apps.example.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;jenkins.apps.example.com.    IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
jenkins.apps.example.com. 0    IN    A    52.17.145.x (The IP of my DNS-server)

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 52.17.145.139#53(52.17.145.139)
;; WHEN: Thu Nov 12 13:49:38 UTC 2015
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 58

I get an answer so it seems to work but when I'm browsing to my app it does not work. Maybe because I don't have apache in the pod. But that's something what is not clear. It was working when I just described my IP and hostnames in /etc/hosts (on my real computer).
So I would think it should work.

So now I have an instance with the router, some apps with routes and an instance with the DNS-server.

Jenkins start an Application Server like Tomcat for Web access.

Can you show us the error you have when try to access the Jenkins' app?
Can you give us the information about the jenkins app ? Run

# oc describe svc "the name of your jenkins service" -o yaml

At least you should see a page with an Error 502 , from the router.

Regards