Re: HA masters on AWS: Virtual IP

On Nov 13, 2015 2:37 AM, "Lorenz Vanthillo" <lorenz vanthillo outlook com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A very brief question but pretty important for me. At the moment you have to use pacemaker when you want to set up multiple HA masters in OpenShift. I'm trying this on Amazon. But a pacemaker needs a Virtual IP (in the same subnet as the IP of your masters). I'm just working with seperate EC2 instances which are in different subnets. I read about Amazon's virtual private cloud-environment. There you can manage your own IP-addresses. Do I have to use this VPC when I want to set up HA masters for OpenShift on Amazon? (and is that the only option)

That will not work for a pacemaker managed VIP, rather you would need a custom script that would detach the network interface from one host and attach it to another.

It would be better to deploy OSE 3.1 or Origin 1.1 which would support native HA. You will need to pre-configure the ELB for the masters, but there is no requirement for a VIP.

See https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/advanced_install.html#multiple-masters for more info on deploying using native HA.