Re: Couldn't create initial deployment

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Lorenz Vanthillo
<lorenz vanthillo outlook com> wrote:
> I have often an error like this:
> Couldn't create initial deployment: DeploymentConfig  is invalid:
> triggers[0].imageChange.tag: invalid value 'latest', Details: no image
> recorded for
> It appears in the web console and it repeats a lot. Sometimes the build
> fails because of this, and sometimes the build succeeds after having this
> error once or twice. I really don't know why it's appearing.
>
> I just did it again. One project its build succeeds after seeing this error
> once. Another project keeps failing because of this error.
>
> I know it's an unclear question but this issue is also very unclear for me

That error means that your deploymentConfig is triggering on an
imageStream tag value which doesn't yet exist (likely because the
build hasn't yet produced the new tag). The result is your deployment
won't automatically happen until the tag exists or is changed.

Sorry for the confusion. We're in the process of revamping that
message so that it's more obvious what's going wrong
(https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/5530).