From: lorenz vanthillo outlook com
To: users lists openshift redhat com
Subject: edge and passthrough vs encrypt termination
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:40:38 +0100

Hi,

I'm on OpenShift Origin V3
I configured edge and passthrough termination. All working fine. But now I want to configure encrypt termination.
The first steps would be similar as edge. So I have created a certificate and a private key and I want to include it in my route.
So I'm performing 'oc edit route'
I add:
tls:
  termination: encrypt

When I save and want to go back I already get an error (I can't save the file). Also when I add the key an certificate I get this error.
But when I'm doing exactly the same for edge it's working fine. I can add
tls:
  termination: edge

or

tls:
  termination: passtrough

in my route and save it, no issues. But termination: encrypt is really not possible. It seems like the route-file doesn't know 'encrypt'.