Re: Changing the web interface's SSL certificate.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Gilbert Roulot
<gilbert roulot tech-angels com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I tried changing the certificate on our openshift master last week. I went
> through /etc/origin/master/master-config.yaml and changed this:
> - master.server.cert and key to mydomain.com.cert and key
> - occurence of an URL with our.private.domain:8443 to mydomain.com:8443
>
> It went badly as after a restart the cluster simply didn't work. I reverted
> the master-config.yaml back to normal but it didn't fix it. Reinstalling the
> nodes from scratch with openshift-ansible thankfully fixed everything and we
> didn't lose any of our Kube or Openshift objects.
>

> My question then is, how would someone go about changing the certificate for
> the web interface ? I didn't find the doc addressing this, sorry if it does
> exist.
> I played with the idea of putting an apache on port 443 as a reverse proxy
> in front of Openshift, I'll go for that if there is no way to do what I
> want.

Hi Gilbert,

Please see the latest documentation pull request for this feature here:
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-docs/issues/1143

It's already supported if you're running the Origin 1.1 code.  If you
have any problems feel free to leave comments on that github issue or
reply here.

--Brenton