Re: request vs. limit in OpenShift v3 1.0.6

Prior to the introduction of "requests", "limits" mapped to CPU CFS shares because that was all that was exposed in Docker at the time for any type of enforcement.

So in 1.0.6, if you set a limit of 300m CPU as a default in the project LimitRange, you should get the behavior you desire on the actual node.

When you move up to 1.1, the request for those containers will default to the limits value.  You should then update your LimitRange to specify a default request for all new pods, remove the default limits, and then run a new deployment so you end up with pods that only specify CPU requests and not limits.

Thanks,
Derek