PVs based on NFS: Is their size unlimited by default?

Hello,

I have created a PV (1Gi) and a PVC (1Gi) and I've changed my DeploymentConfig to give my Pod an access to the share by assigning him the PVC.

I expected that the pod would only be able to write up to 1Gi onto that share, but apparently OpenShift doesn't limit how much the pod is allowed to write. The pod could in theory fill up the whole harddisk where the NFS share lies that he is accessing.

Is that the intended behavior?

Regards,