Re: 3 short questions about OpenShift

On 11/30/2015 11:22 AM, Den Cowboy wrote:
Hi,

I have some different questions about OpenShift:

- Why is told that OpenShift works on service - niveau?

I don't understand this questions, sorry.

- Why do the old replication-controllers (rc's) still exist after a new deploy?

The mechanism for deployments works in such a way that it creates a new
RC (DC name + increased number). This allows easily rolling back to
previous deployments when requested [1].

[1] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/deployments.html#rolling-back-a-deployment

- What is the advantage of a private docker registry when you have your own private internal repository?

I assume you mean the OpenShift internal registry vs one you have
in-house (iow. in your company). OpenShift works perfectly OK with both,
the added value of the former has push notifications which serve as
a when new image was pushed to the registry. This is heavily used with
ImageChangeTriggers for builds [1] and deployments [2].

[1] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/builds.html#image-change-triggers [2] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/deployments.html#image-change-trigger

Thanks