parameters for creating DB's

How do I know which parameters I have to describe for creating DB's?

oc new-app mysql will create a db-instance which keeps restarting

oc new-app mysql -e MYSQL_USER=user, MYSQL_PASSWORD=pass,MYSQL_DATABASE=db creates a fine working DB

But how do I know which parameters I have to give for each type of db?

For mysql, postgres and mongodb they are described in the documentation, but what for other types like mariadb.
https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.0/using_images/db_images/mongodb.html