Re: Rollback warning not clear

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Den Cowboy <dencowboy hotmail com> wrote:
> What does this warning mean after I perform a rollback?
>
> Warning: the following images triggers were disabled: myapp
>
>   You can re-enable them with: oc deploy myapp --enable-triggers -n project
>

> Scenario:
> I perform a rollback and I get the warining.
> The rollback works. But when I'm performing new builds, my app will keep
> deploying the old build (before the rollback)
> Then I re-enable and I start a new-build. Now this new build will be
> deployed.
>
> So it's working fine after enabeling the trigger. But what does this mean?
> Does is mean: deploy the newest build. Isn't that logical?

Here's what would happen if OpensShift didn't disable the triggers
after rollback:

1. myapp (deploymentConfig) created, triggers on 'myapp-image:latest'
2. myapp-image:latest=>v1 tag created (good image), triggers myapp deployment #1
3. myapp-image:latest=>v2 tag created (broken image), triggers myapp
deployment #2
4. rollback myapp to #1 (myapp is now using myapp-image:latest=>v1)
5. deployment trigger system notices that myapp-image:latest=>v2 is
newer than the image used by myapp, so updates myapp to use
myapp-image:latest=>v2
6. myapp deployment #3 created with broken image
myapp-image:latest=>v2, effectively reverting the rollback

The idea is that during a rollback the user likely wants a stable
system while they investigate the problems that required them to
rollback. In this case, the user may want to delete the broken image
tag or replace it by a newer working tag before allowing the system to
continue automating deployments via triggers.

Does that help clarify the behavior?