Re: Openshift Origin V3 installation on Openstack.

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for clarification. Yes, I'll do the ansible installation.

I still have few doubts in the Host Preparation section of the https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/prerequisites.html.

By host I understand the Compute Nodes of openstack. So, the first mentions to manage packages as yum install wget git net-tools bind-utils iptables-services bridge-utils bash-completion  but as mentioned earlier I have Ubuntu setup. Do I need to find equivalent apt packages?

Second step is to clone ansible, I suppose that is not on host but on the machine from which I'll do the installation.

Third step is to do Docker installation on host. This is fine. I can install this on Compute Nodes.

Thanks & Regards,
Suryaveer Singh Chauhan

On 30 November 2015 at 13:32, Alberto <alb molina gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 03:10:54AM -0500, Suryaveer Chauhan wrote:
> Thanks Den,
>
> I have seen these links before and I have few confusions. Pardon me if I
> sound naive (though I am in these things).

Hi Suryaveer,

> My first doubt is that the OpenStack installation that I have is on Ubuntu
> and for OpenShift everywhere I seen mention of RHEL or CentOS. Can I
> proceed with the installation?

Yes, in this case it doesn't matter.

> If I can proceed with the installtion my other doubt is, from where I need
> to execute all the steps? I mean from a system outside OpenStack but can
> communicate with Openstack or from the Controller Node of OpenStack?

Do you mean the advanced installation using ansible playbooks?

In that case it can be executed from any computer able to establish a ssh passwordless connection to the OpenShift master and nodes, tipically an external computer. I don't think it would be a good idea to use the OpenStack controller for that.

Regards

Alberto