Re: Deployment config question

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Philippe Lafoucrière
<philippe lafoucriere tech-angels com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hi, I wonder if I can create a dc with no containers/pods?
> Something like:
>
> https://gist.github.com/gravis/e79f90851080d7bdc9a6
>
> Will it restart the rails and resque-scheduler as well in this case?

You can't create a replicationController with 0 controllers in the pod
spec, and you can't create a deploymentConfig with 0 controllers in
the replicationController spec.

> Also, when the trigger restart the corresponding containers, is the number
> of Replica preserved?
> ex:
>
> - I'm deploying the dc above
> -  oc scale dc resque --replicas=3
> - I push a new image
>
> is the replica reset to 1, or preserved to 3?

Your manual scaling size will be preserved across deployments; the
replica count on the deploymentConfig only applies for the initial
deployment (where there's no existing deployment replica count to
carry forward).